Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lonestar Angel

Lonestar Angel by Colleen Coble is a romantic suspense based on Eden and Clay Larson’s journey to find their missing daughter. It begins with Eden and Clay separated, Eden thinking they are divorced. Come to find out Clay didn’t sign the papers and has come to find Eden to bring her to the Bluebird Ranch to help him find their lost daughter Brianna. Their daughter had been kidnapped when she was just six weeks old. When they went to exchange the ransom money for their daughter, the car they believed her to be in got pushed into the river and sunk. From then on they believed her to be dead. Yet, about five years later, Clay has been sent a mysterious picture of five foster girls staying at the Bluebird Youth Ranch. Writing on the back of the photo it claims that one of them is Brianna. Clay knowing he can’t dismiss this even if there is a very slim chance this is true, goes to Eden and convinces her to the Bluebird Ranch to help him find the girl that could be their daughter.

The majority of the story takes place at the Bluebird Ranch which is the same ranch in Coble’s first book in the Lonestar series, Lonestar Sanctuary. At the ranch, Eden and Clay find themselves drawn to all of the girls and each other. Relationships and bonds are built with each of the girls. Also along the way Clay and Eden are forced to look at the reasons their relationship crumbled and start rebuilding something new and stronger. An element that is also very prominent in this book is the mystery and suspense of why their daughter was taken and the danger that has followed them to the ranch.

I thought the characters in this book were very likeable, especially the little girls. As I got to know each girl I started hoping that each one of the girls was their Brianna. This book shows the reality of all of the kids in the foster system and how each have gone through so much and are just waiting for a family. I like that this book brought into light that reality. I will say that the girls are one of the elements that made this book good. On the other side of the spectrum, I found myself getting bored with this book. It took me a bit to finish it because the special ingredient to keep me hooked was missing. I can’t pinpoint the exact reason why this was so but I will say that I found it to be slow moving and thought it jumped from one thing to another. I found myself having to go back a page to figure out how the story connected from one page to the next. If I was to give my recommendation for this book I would say that it is worth giving it a read. Who knows maybe you’re less scatter-brained than I am! I would pair this book with a nice warm coconut mocha because with one, your experience will be enjoyable no matter what!

Your Sippin Chick

*I received this (e)book for free from BookSneeze in exchange for a honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment